Ainat Beniaminovitz, MD, FACC
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
Ainat Beniaminovitz, MD is a board certified cardiologist, with a special focus on women’s cardiovascular health. After earning a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from Columbia University in 1986, she went on to complete her medical school training, residency, and fellowship at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, where she served as a chief medical resident and a chief cardiology fellow.
Upon completing her fellowship, she joined the staff at Columbia Presbyterian as a full-time cardiologist, focusing primarily on heart failure and cardiac transplantation. During this time, she published extensively on heart disease issues and presented her work to the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. She also co-authored several articles that appeared in medical compilations and publications including American Journal of Cardiology, New England Journal of Medicine, and Circulation (a publication of the American Heart Association).
In 2000, Dr. Beniaminovitz joined the practice as a clinical cardiologist with a particular interest in heart failure and women’s health. As a mother of three children, she understands how important a woman’s health is, to herself as well as to her family.
With her strong diagnostic skills, extensive clinical experience, and familiarity with the latest cardiac techniques, Dr. Beniaminovitz is helping to bring state-of-the-art cardiovascular care to the residents of Rockland and Orange counties. She frequently addresses community groups about the importance of preventing heart disease, and how a proper diet, exercise, and lifestyle can contribute to maintaining cardiovascular health.
Dr. Beniaminovitz is an Attending Physician at both Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY. In addition, she is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University.
“A woman is at least five times as likely to die from heart disease than from breast cancer. As a married mother of three children, I know how important a woman’s health is—not only to herself, but to the ones she loves.” – Ainat Beniaminovitz – M.D., F.A.C.C.
Departments And Divisions
- Department of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
Areas of Expertise
- Adult Cardiology
- Consultations and Second Opinions
- Preventive Cardiology
- Heart Disease
- Womens Heart Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
Education & Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Suffern Office222 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (845) 368-0100
- (845) 368-1896
Practices And Centers
- Hudson Valley
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Access (Exchange), Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (845) 368-0100
Honors & Awards
- 1996-1997 Cardiology Chief Resident, Cardiology Fellowship Program, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, NY
- 1993-1994 Chief Medical Resident, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, NY