David A. Brogno, MD, FACC
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
Originally from the Midwest, Dr. Brogno attended the University of Michigan for both his undergraduate and medical school education, graduating with an M.D. degree in 1983. He completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at Roosevelt Hospital in New York City, where he earned the award of Best Teacher and was selected to be the Chief Medical Resident.
After completing his fellowship in Cardiology at St. Luke’s Hospital in New York, Dr. Brogno performed an additional fellowship in interventional cardiology, participating in key research studies such as the Coronary Artery Surgery Study, the CAPTIN trial, and the SHOCK trial. He published articles about his research in prestigious medical journals including the Journal of the American College of Cardiology and the New England Journal of Medicine.
In 1991, Dr. Brogno joined the practice, when it was the Ramapo Cardiology Associates, as an Interventional Cardiologist. During his 20 years of practice in Rockland County, Dr. Brogno has been instrumental in improving cardiac care for area residents. He spearheaded the drive to bring advanced cardiac services, such as angioplasty and cardiac surgery, to the county, and was the initial Chief of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab and Interventional Director of the Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern. In appreciation of his service, he was honored by Good Samaritan Hospital with the 2008 Sister Joseph Rita Award for Outstanding Care.
Dr. Brogno is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University and an Attending Physician in Interventional Cardiology at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. In addition, he is the Chief of Cardiology at Nyack Hospital (a Columbia affiliate) and an Attending Physician in Cardiology at both Good Samaritan Hospital and The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ.
He lives with his wife Nancy and their two daughters in Nyack, where they have resided for the last 20 years.
“It’s important to me to bring a high level of cardiac care to Rockland County, particularly the use of catheter-based treatments. These minimally-invasive procedures minimize the scars, pain, and recovery time, and have become the ‘gold standard’ in the treatment of heart disease.” - David A. Brogno – M.D., F.A.C.C.
Departments And Divisions
- Department of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
Areas of Expertise
- Adult Cardiology
- Coronary Interventions
- Cardiac Catheterization
Education & Training
- University of Michigan Medical Center
- University of Michigan
- Internship: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Residency: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowship: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
Suffern Office222 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
- (845) 368-0100
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (845) 368-0100
- (845) 368-1896
Practices And Centers
- Hudson Valley
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Access (Exchange), Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (845) 368-0100