Philip Green, MD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
Philip Green, MD is a cardiologist specializing in complex coronary and peripheral vascular interventions. He is a clinician-scientist with a special interest in using remote monitoring devices to study recovery after interventional cardiac procedures in frail older adults.
Dr. Green received his Doctor of Medicine from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in 2006. He completed his internship and residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School and clinical and research fellowships at Columbia University Medical Center. He is currently the principal investigator on a National Institutes of Health Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award entitled "Frailty related risk: Poor physiologic reserve during and after valve replacement."
Dr. Green sees patients at Columbia University Medical Center in Washington Heights, New York City.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
- Residency: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2012 - The New York Cardiological Society and the New York State Chapter of the American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session top 10 abstract. Acknowledgement for high scoring abstract presentation.
- 2012 - American College of Cardiology Elite Fellow in Training Rising Star Acknowledgement for high scoring abstract presentation.
- 2011-2013 - National Institutes of Health Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Research (LRP-CR) Fellowship Award
- 2012 - Selected for oral presentation at Department of Medicine’s Fellows Research Day Grand Rounds. Columbia University Medical Center
- 2011 - American College of Cardiology Foundation, Merck Fellowship Award
- 2009 - Residency Mentorship Award. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Changes in activity in older adults undergoing catheter and surgical aortic valve replacement
2010-2011 - National Institutes of Health Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (T32 # 5t32HL007854-16).
2011-2012 - American College of Cardiology Foundation, Merck Fellowship Award
2011-2013 - National Institutes of Health Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Research (LRP-CR) Fellowship Award
2011-2012 - Obtained funding for a 60-patinet investigator initiated study evaluating changes in activity in older adults undergoing catheter and surgical aortic valve replacement (intramural funding from the National Institute of Aging at the NIH)
NOVEL INTERVENTIONAL CATHETER FOR THE TREATMENT OF LARGE VESSEL ACUTE VENOUS THROMBOSIS AND THROMBOEMBOLISM. (P&S Industry Clinical Trial)
Oct 10 2019 - Oct 10 2024
RADIAL ACCESS FOR NAVIGATION TO YOUR CHOSEN LESION FOR PERIPHERAL VASCULAR INTERVENTION:(REACH PVI) (P&S Industry Clinical Trial)
Sep 18 2019 - Sep 18 2024
ACCELEROMETER-BASED INTERVENTION TO PROMOTE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN FRAIL OLDER ADULTS, ( STUDY ) (Private)
Jan 4 2018 - Jan 3 2019
ACTIVE PCI: ACCELEROMETER MEASURES RECOVERY AFTER PERCUTANEOUS CORONARY INTERVENTION (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2015 - Sep 29 2016
VALVULOATERIAL IMPEDANCE, ISOVOLUMIC PRESSURE VOLUME AREA, A ND FRAILTY AS PREDICTORS OF FUNCTIONAL AND CLINICAL IMPROVEM (Private)
Jul 1 2011 - Jun 30 2012
- Green P, Anshelevich M, Talreja A, Burcham JL, Ravi SM, Shirani J, Le Jemtel TH. Long-term effects of carvedilol or metoprolol on left ventricular function in ischemic and nonischemic cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2005;95:1114-1116. PMID: 15842987.
- Green P, Lund LH, Mancini D. Comparison of peak exercise oxygen consumption and the heart failure survival score for predicting prognosis in women versus men. Am J Cardiol. 2007;99:399-403. PMID: 17261406.
- Almuti K, Haythe J, Dwyer E, Itescu S, Burke E, Green P, Marboe C, Mancini D. The changing pattern of humoral rejection in cardiac transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2007;84:498-503. PMID: 17713434.
- Padeletti M, Green P, Mooney AM, Basner RC, Mancini DM. Sleep disordered breathing in patients with acutely decompensated heart failure. Sleep Med. 2009;10:353-360. PMID:18614398.
- Green P, Woglom AE, Genereux P, Maurer MS, Kirtane AJ, Hawkey M, Schnell S, Sohn J, Moses JW, Leon MB, Smith CR, Williams M, Kodali S. Gait speed and dependence in activities of daily living in older adults with severe aortic stenosis. Clin Cardiol. 2012;35:307-314. PMID:22331630.
- Green P, Maurer MS, Foody JM, Forman DE, Wenger NK. Representation of older adults in the late-breaking clinical trials american heart association 2011 scientific sessions. J Am Coll Cardiol.2012;60:869-871. PMID: 22657266.
- Green P, Woglom AE, Genereux P, Daneault B, Paradis JM, Schnell S, Hawkey M, Maurer MS, Kirtane AJ, Kodali S, Moses JW, Leon MB, Smith CR, Williams M. The impact of frailty status on survival after transcatheter aortic valve replacement in older adults with severe aortic stenosis: A single-center experience. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2012;5:974-981. PMID:22995885.
- Genereux P, Palmerini T, Caixeta A, Rosner G, Green P, Dressler O, Xu K, Parise H, Mehran R, Serruys PW, Stone GW. Quantification and impact of untreated coronary artery disease after percutaneous coronary intervention: The residual syntax (synergy between pci with taxus and cardiac surgery) score. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59:2165-74. PMID: 22483327.
- Saltzman AJ, Paz YE, Rene AG, Green P, Hassanin A, Argenziano MG, Rabbani L, Dangas G. Comparison of surgical pericardial drainage with percutaneous catheter drainage for pericardial effusion. J Invasive Cardiol. 2012;24:590-593. PMID: 23117314.
- Genereux P, Kodali SK, Green P, Paradis JM, Daneault B, Rene G, Hueter I, Georges I, Kirtane A, Hahn RT, Smith C, Leon MB, Williams MR. Incidence and effect of acute kidney injury after transcatheter aortic valve replacement using the new valve academic research consortium criteria. Am J Cardiol. 2013;111:100-105. PMID: 23040657.
- Daneault B, Balter S, Kodali SK, Williams MR, Genereux P, Reiss GR, Paradis JM, Green P, Kirtane AJ, Smith C, Moses JW, Leon MB. Patient radiation exposure during transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedures. EuroIntervention. 2012;8:679-684. PMID: 23086785.
- Green P, Newman JD, Shaffer JA, Davidson KW, Maurer MS, Schwartz JE. Relation of Living Without a Partner or Spouse to Physical Activity after Acute Coronary Syndromes (From the PULSE Accelerometry Substudy). Am J Cardiol. In press (expected publication date May 2013).
Review Articles and Editorials
- Drazen JM, Desai NR, Green P. Fighting on. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:444-445. PMID:19179313.
- Green P, Kodali S, Leon MB, Maurer MS. Echocardiographic assessment of pressure volume relations in heart failure and valvular heart disease: Using imaging to understand physiology. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2011;59:375-389. PMID: 21705998.
- Rosner GF, Green P, Bacchetta M, Pearson GD, Marboe CC, Schwartz A. Asymptomatic left ventricular mass: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:e33. PMID:23099219.
- Gregg Rosner, Philip Green, Ajay Kirtane, Philippe Genereux, Alexandra Lansky, Bernard Gersh, Giora Weisz, Helen Parise, Martin Fahy, Sorin Brener, Roxana Mehran, Gregg Stone. Relationship Between Reference Vessel Diameter and the Incidence and Impact of Incomplete Coronary Revascularization Following PCI in ACS: The ACUITY Trial. Transcatheter Therapeutics (TCT), Nov 2012.
- Philippe Genereux, Susheel Kodali, Martin Leon, Philip Green, Benoit Daneault, Jean-Michel Paradis, Isaac George, Ajay Kirtane, Rebecca Hahn, Craig Smith, Mathew Williams. Incidence and Impact of Acquired Thrombocytopenia on Bleeding Events and Mortality after Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR). Transcatheter Therapeutics (TCT), Nov 2011.
- Nirat Beohar, Vinod Thourani, Michael Mack, Alan Zajarias, Samir Kapadia, Philip Green, Suzanne Arnold, David Cohen, Ke Xu, Maria Alu, Martin Leon, Ajay Kirtane. Predictors of “futility” with transcutaneous aortic valve replacement therapy (TAVR): An analysis from the PARTNER randomized trial. Transcatheter Therapeutics (TCT), Nov 2011.
- Philip Green, Benson A. Babu ,Sergio Teruya, Stephen Helmke, Jonathan W. Weinsaft, Mathew S. Maurer. Impact of Epoetin Alfa on LV Structure, Function, and Pressure-Volume Relations as Assessed by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance - The Heart Failure Preserved Ejection Fraction (HFPEF) Anemia Trial. American College of Cardiology Scientific Session. March 2012.
- Philip Green, Abigail Woglom, Mathew Maurer, Susan Schnell, Philippe Genereux, Marian Hawkey, Mathew Williams, Ajay Kirtane, Craig Smith, Jeffrey Moses, Martin Leon, Susheel Kodali. Improvements In Physical Activity Lag Behind Improvement In Functional Capacity After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement In Older Adults. Abstract. American College of Cardiology Scientific Session. March 2012.
- Philip Green, Abigail Woglom, Mathew Maurer, Susan Schnell, Philippe Genereux, Marian Hawkey, Mathew Williams, Ajay Kirtane, Craig Smith, Jeffrey Moses, Martin Leon, Susheel Kodali. Accelerometer-measured Physical Activity Recovery In The First Month After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. American College of Cardiology Scientific Session. March 2012.
- Daniel S. O'Connor, Philip Green, Gregg Rosner, Jonathan Ginns, Marlon Rosenbaum. Referral Rate For Pulmonary Valve Replacement In A Contemporary Cohort Of Patients With Congenital Pulmonary Valve Stenosis Who Have Undergone Surgical Correction Early In Life; A Single Adult Congenital Heart Center’S Experience. American College of Cardiology Scientific Session. March 2012.
- Philippe Genereux, Samuel Bard, Tullio Palmerini, Adriano Caixeta, Gregg Rosner, Philip Green, Ke Xu, George Dangas, Roxana Mehran, Gregg Stone for the Acuity Trial Investigators. Incidence, predictors and impact of stroke in acute coronary syndrome: insights from the acuity trial. American College of Cardiology Scientific Session. March 2012.
- Gregg Rosner MD, Jonathan Ginns MD, Philip Green MD, Nada Farhat NP, Marlon Rosenbaum MD. Left Atrial Volume in Adults with Restrictive Ventricular Septal Defect. American College of Cardiology Scientific Session. March 2012.
- Philip Green, Abigail Woglom, Marian Hawkey, Philippe Genereux, Mathew Williams, Susheel Kodali, Ajay Kirtane, Mathew Maurer, Jeffrey W. Moses, Martin B. Leon, Craig R. Smith. Objective frailty assessment in older adults with severe aortic stenosis does not correlate with a model of subjective frailty assessment. American Geriatrics Society, May 2011.
- Khalid Almuti, Philip Green, Jeniffer Haythe, Donna Mancini. Does renal function deteriorate more rapidly in diabetic transplant recipients than in normal recipients? The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. February 2006 (Vol. 25, Issue 2, Supplement, Page S139)