Joseph Tenenbaum, MD is the Edgar M. Leifer Professor of Medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University. Dr. Tenenbaum is deeply committed to fulfilling the privilege of practicing and teaching medicine.
Dr. Tenenbaum’ first commitment is to bring the best of modern medicine with the finest art of the classical caring of medicine to heal those who are sick, provide remedy for suffering, and to promote health. His second is to those who come to train; to afford the best experience in realizing one's potential, to present the best examples of medical caregiving.
The Columbia University Medical center’s Division of Cardiology has flourished in its commitment to education, teaching, and research through a similar focus.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Adult Cardiology
- Aortic Stenosis
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cholesterol Management
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Edgar M. Leifer Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- Chief, Allen Hospital Medicine Division
- Director, House Staff Training Program
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
- NYP Employee Plan
- Traditional Medicare
Quality Health Management
- Quality Health Management
- Columbia University Employee Plan
- Medicare Managed Care
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Harvard University
- Internship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Residency: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Hospital - MD
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
Summa Cum Laude, Chemistry, Brandeis University, 6/68 Phi Beta Kappa, Brandeis University, 5/67 Alpha Omega Alpha, Harvard Medical School, 5/74 Senior Residents Teaching Award, Presbyterian Hospital, 1992 Arnold P. Gold Foundation Award, 5/96 Society of Practiioners Physician of the Year; Society of Practitioners Alfred Markowitz Service Award.
Columbia University Presidential Teaching Award 2011